Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Secret is Out!!

Okay the secret is out and if you are reading this you probably have already realized I am NOT a good blogger!! I could never do this to make money as so many are doing now days....so I have admitted it...that's my story and I am sticking to it...BUT...I do enjoy having a place to come and "chat" now and again so here I am....I would love to hear what YOU have been up to this summer, here is my latest adventure:

After I got all my organizing and rearranging done to my satisfaction I decided I needed to relearn to can!! We used to do this all the time when the kids were little as a summer project and I realized I missed doing it, besides I now have an EMPTY shelf in the laundry cupboard that would store canned things perfectly...SOOOOO last week we took a day trip to Fredricksburg Texas to get some of their famous peaches and tomatoes and we Scored!!
I got 1/2 bushel of peaches and enough tomatoes (over riped and CHEAP!) to make 2 gallons of salsa and spaghetti sauce! SEE!!!


We are having our first sampling of it tonight...this is a family recipe that Mike's uncle Sam never wanted to share for years but finally did and it is so
easy to make....promise that will come first of next week AND the secret to putting up peaches that the grower shared with me...until then...have a good weekend and a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY with your family!!

4 comments:

dot gaudin said...

Hey Dana, I have no idea what I am doing, hope you receive this comment."I miss you" I really do need a Homespun Cottage fix.
Sounds like you are enjoying retirement and I can't wait for that home made peach ice cream...I am still going to come see your new room one of these days. Dottie

Pam said...

Yea! I'm just waitin' on my figs to ripen and I will join you in the process. I just freeze the peaches and tomatoes I get and use them in cobblers and sauces and stews later on...that's the lazy way! Itching for a day out but need to wait a while.

Anonymous said...

Your jars look so pretty! What fun!!
Wendy from MO

Dana said...

Dot....so good to hear from you! The new room has been put on hold until later as Mike helps Shannon do his bathroom, but as soon as it is done we will make a date!!

Pam, yeah on your figs the preserves you shared was wonderful!! I did freeze the peaches put made salsa and spaghetti sauce with the tomatoes, seasoned up and ready to make NINI spaghetti!! Hope to see you soon!

Wendy, thanks you are so sweet I would love to see what you guys do with your garden things too...your gardens are always so wonderful.

Chat with you girls soon!
Dana