Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Carson's new bed


I keep forgetting to share with you the bed that Mike made for Carson. Right before they came for spring break he got into his "big boy" bed at  home so we didn't want him to have to use his crib while they were here, so we came up with this youth bed idea...and I have to say I love the way it turned out! We got a SOLID WOOD door at Home Depot and cut it about 3/4 down to make the head board and the foot board then made the side boards out of 1X12 lumber. Mike added the railing until he gets used to sleeping in it but it can be easily moved. We used the mattress from the crib which was perfect and of course had to add the Toy Story bedding and Woody as a bed mate!! Carson loved it and so do I...what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful!! Great job and love the Toy Story motif!!

Wendy

Dana said...

Thanks Wendy, I think he really likes it too, especially to have a Woody to share it all with!!

Dana