Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let's do some canning!

Okay so I won't fill a pantry or all my food source won't be out of a canning jar but I would love to be able to can some of the fresh produce available starting in the next week or so...what's on my list you ask?? (aren't you sweet to ask, thanks!) I am thinking salsa, peaches, green beans and maybe some cucumbers. I have found some wonderful ideas and recipes on pintrest and we have our Uncle Sam's not so secret recipe for salsa, that we both love, to start with. Any other suggestions? and for you locals have you heard of this farmers market that is open on Tuesday?? I think that is on our to do list next week....anyone else found a farmers market that you love?? Please share! and watch for those recipes and hints as the summer progresses..as for now happy picking!

No comments: