Sunday, April 29, 2012

Our trip to the Country Living Fair

If you remember I told you that we had plans to go to the Country Living Fair this weekend and we did! My friend Pam and I headed out early Friday morning arriving just a little before they opened and took it all in. I don't think we left a stone unturned or a booth unvisited. It was fun,what I enjoyed the most was running into lots of old customers and visiting with them and seeing what treasures they found....I found a few myself too! I enjoyed the fair but really think that our fall and spring trek to Round Top and Wherrington just as good if not better. One thing that amazed me was how far some of the shoppers had traveled! We visited with one lady that was from Utah and had flown in just for this show!  I was surprised at the number of vendors, really thought there would be more but there were some truly wonderful hand made crafts which I am drawn too...being in retail for so long I am jaded by the "market products" that I saw during my market visits so I zero in on the handmades and antiques which there were plenty to see and admire. The one thing I would have changed was the availability of food and drinks, we stood in line for over an hour for lunch because they only had one place serving food which to us with a crowd like they were expecting should have been better planned but other than that it was a fun day.

Another highlight of our trip was getting to meet K.R. Wood, he was performing in the area of the cafeteria and a delight to see and hear. One of our long time customers and friend Karen Jellison and he travel around and share his talents and love of Texas History. He has an original chuck wagon and all the "fixins" for an original campfire experience complete with cowboy music and folk lore. What a great resource for teachers, scout groups and special occasions! They do this full time and do a great job! You can find more information HERE.  Take a look and see if you could use this great talent in some way, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: