Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1st !!!

March 1st can you believe it?? Where was our winter?? We have had 80-90 degrees most days most didn't even feel like that much of a break from summer except those temps were in the 110's and we have had some wonderful rain, but I miss the cold cold days and nights when soups and stews simmer all day and make the house smell yummy...so since this might be our last chance I fixed chili today and I must say I LOVE this recipe! I got it off my new favorite place Pintrest and this is the second time I have made it. It is so easy and lots of flavor good in a bowl with cornbread or crackers or our favorite as a frito pie, but anyway you have it I think you will like it...and let's give credit where it is due this recipe was "pinned" from HERE, which is a great place to bookmark she has great recipes!!
1 lb ground beef - browned
2 16oz cans of Bush's Chili Beans ( I used one)
1 14.5 can beef broth
1 can rotel tomatoes
2 tsp minced onions
1 garlic clove
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup ketchup

Pour it all into a crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours. When serving top with cheese and green onions if you want. Enjoy!!

Another thing I am trying since I am trying to get back into fighting shape (or at least in to my summer jeans!) Is Sassy Water...but more about that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love reading your posts. Know what you mean about winter. Hope we don't get to the 100's quite as quickly as we did last year!