Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29th

Sadie Hawkins Day, Leap Year, whatever you call this day it has a history, do you know why it takes place every four years?

From my friend Sherry at the Red Raven:
Today is an "ephemeral ghost". It marks a "leap" in time, when the calendar is adjusted to make up for extra seconds accumulated over the preceding three years due to the rotation of the earth. Have fun and enjoy the day !!!

I remember in High School we always had a Sadie Hawkins Dance where the girls invited the boys..after all turn about it fair play...let them sit by the phone and sweat that call..right?? Well I took full advantage of this day and asked one Mr. Mike Dorsey to that dance my junior year and like they say the rest is history!!

What ever this day means to you I hope it is a good one, and thank goodness it is not my Birthday!! However come to think about it I would be a lot younger!!

No comments: